Guard Alaska® Bear Deterrent Pepper Spray... DELIVERS ON ITS STRENGTH CLAIM AS THE ONLY EPA REGISTERED BEAR SPRAY REPELLENT EFFECTIVE AGAINST ALL BEAR SPECIES!
Guard Alaska ultra-hot bear deterrent OC pepper spray has been proven so effective in deterring bears that it is the only one registered with the EPA as a repellent for all bear species. It is the most effective and powerful bear defense spray available today.
Guard Alaska is environmentally safe and does not contain flammable or ozone-depleting substances. It works to deter wet bears because the specific gravity of the pepper spray carrier is heavier than water. The proprietary formula is scientifically proven superior and is endorsed by the Alaska Science & Technology Foundation.
Guard Alaska Bear Spray Repellent... DELIVERS ON ITS STRENGTH CLAIM AS THE ONLY EPA REGISTERED REPELLENT EFFECTIVE AGAINST ALL BEAR SPECIES!
- 9 Ounce UltraMag size canister with finger loop handle & firemaster actuator
- Releases full 9 ounces of protection in 9 seconds, or the user can fire in controlled bursts.
- The expanding cloud fogger delivery system quickly engulfs the bear with ultra-hot pepper spray for maximum effectiveness.
- Guard Alaska pepper spray formula is environmentally safe and does not contain flammable or ozone depleting substances
- Guard Alaska has undergone six years of intensive testing in the Alaska wilds
- Maximum strength 1.34% total capsaicinoid pepper spray formula
- Canister Dimensions: Height: 8-3/4" x Width: 2"
Protect Yourself with Guard Alaska Bear Deterrent Pepper Spray
Having a bear spray - also known as bear mace / bear pepper spray / bear repellent - is a must for protecting yourself and loved ones from aggressive bears. It is your only chance of stopping a bear attack without the risk of getting injured. Spray the bear right in the face when it gets close enough. The spray shoots 15-20 feet in a powerful expanding cloud allowing you to easily immerse an attacking bear with ultra-hot OC pepper spray. When the bear retreats, get out of the area it was trying to defend as soon as possible. Be sure to alert the rest of your party and others in the area of the location you encountered the bear and report the encounter to the appropriate authorities. Guard Alaska bear repellent spray is specially formulated and has been tested on all species of bears, and is proven to work.
- EFFECTS: Guard Alaska Bear Spray is a formulation of Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Bear Safe Formula, a natural ingredient derived from hot peppers that is EPA regulated. Upon contact, OC Pepper causes the membranes of the eyes, nose and lungs of a bear to engorge and the result is the temporary loss of sight, restriction of breathing and a painful burning sensation.
- USE: To use Guard Alaska Bear spray, pull off the orange safety wedge on the top of the grip. Be ready to spray the bear by pressing down on the actuator button on the top of the hand grip. (Check out our metal clip belt loop holster for easy carrying).
- STORAGE: Store in cool dry areas away from heat, flame or strong sunlight. Do not store where temperature may exceed 120°F/50°C such as an enclosed vehicle, which can cause spray canisters to leak from over pressurization and fail to function properly. Do not store in cold environments below 32°F/0°C, which can cause depressurization and the loss of effective range.
Do Not Run From a Bear
Running is one of the worst things that you can do when you’re around any predator. Not only will it almost surely provoke an attack, but the chances of outrunning a bear are slim to none. Bears are great at climbing and swimming, so climbing trees or jumping into a body of water to avoid them will probably not work. Guard Alaska Bear Spray allows you to deter the animal and make a slow getaway during an attack.
Guard Alaska is Humane
There are few options when it comes to dealing with attacks, but bear deterrent pepper spray is seen as one of the most effective and humane options. Trying to scare a bear away will not always work. Running will most likely provoke an attack. A bear shouldn't have to die or suffer from terrible wounds simply because it is trying to defend itself or its cubs. Guard Alaska bear spray allows you to effectively deter bears and stop attacks without causing any permanent harm to the animal. The effects of the bear spray will wear off over a few hours and no lasting damage will occur to the bear.